Booking A Session
My number one priority for any session, is that the client feels comfortable, safe and happy.
Many of the clients that I get have never been the recipient of a massage before, so here is a quick guide to what you should expect during your session, as well as some do's and don'ts.
Prior to the initial session I do a brief consultation with each client. This involves an informal chat about the issues being faced, or the goal of the session. Often I will check the clients posture, stance, and look for any imbalances or abnormalities. Once I have determined how best to treat the client, we will agree a treatment plan together, and then begin the massage.
The massage will be performed on either a massage table, or on a futon - depending on the type of massage, and the preference of the client.
During the massage, I will regularly check in with the client, to ensure that they are feeling ok, and I will also explain anything I am doing so that they feel at ease and know what is going on.
After the session is finished, I will make recommendations for exercises or stretches that they can do at home, or ways to improve upon their issues in their day to day life.
- DO have a shower before your session, either at home or at my studio.
- DON'T be worried about shaving or waxing, I really don't mind.
- DO make yourself as comfortable as possible, and move your body as you need.
- DON'T feel like you have to just lie in one position as I work, if I need you in a particular position I will ask you.
- DO undress to a level that you feel comfortable.
- DON'T feel obligated to undress beyond your boundaries.
- DO feel free to communicate and tell me when something feels good or bad, or if you want something to be changed.
- DON'T feel like you just have to accept what I am doing, even if it hurts or feels uncomfortable.
- DO try to understand that you and your body may react during a massage, and things like tummy rumbling or a stuffy nose are totally normal.
- DON'T be surprised if other feelings arise - massages can sometimes awaken emotions and feelings as a result of unresolved trauma or suppressed emotions, such as arousal, joy, sadness or even shame.
- DO remember that I am here to support and help throughout the session.